This detailed, step by step tutorial will show you how to install the Flip Video software app on your Mac.
Please note: This guide was initially published back in 2010 and the Flip Video app (FlipShare) may not work in modern versions of macOS. Unfortunately I no longer have my Flip Video camera so I can’t test the software by trying to install it on my Mac. It’s probably easiest to just manually copy the video to your Mac and use other video editing software – like iMovie.
- Plug your Flip Video camera into an available USB port on your Mac. Then open up a Finder window. In the DEVICES section, you should now see a volume titled FLIPVIDEO – select it. Inside that volume locate the file titled Start FlipShare.app and double-click it.
- Click the I agree button to agree to the user license agreement.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- FlipShare will start to install itself.
- Once the installation has completed, FlipShare will launch. Close it down.
- Navigate to your Applications folder and make sure that FlipShare is listed. Launch it from here.
- FlipShare will automatically check to see if there’s an upgrade available. Click the Update Now button if one is found.
- Place a check in the box labeled I have read and accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click the Install button.
- Again, enter your password when prompted.
- FlipShare will now update itself…
- … and once completed, click OK to finish the process.
- FlipShare is now set up and ready to use.