This brief tutorial will guide you through setting up a “Facebook Question” – one of the latest features that Facebook has implemented.
If you’re asking “What’s a Facebook Question” – here’s how Facebook describes them:
Facebook Questions lets you ask any question and get quick answers from your friends and other people on Facebook. Questions is designed so that anyone on Facebook can help you find the answer. So when you ask a question, it is shared in News Feed. If your friends answer or follow that question, it will be shared with their friends and so on.
Here are the steps to create a Facebook Question –
- Since Facebook Questions is slowly being rolled out to all Facebook users, it may not be enabled on your account yet. If it isn’t, simply visit http://www.facebook.com/questions and click the Get Questions Now button.
- Select the Question link from your ‘Status’ box.
- There are two types of questions you can ask. One is an ‘open ended’ question, where people can type in their own answer, and the other is a ‘poll’ – where you can specify the answers people can select from. We’ll show you how to set up both – starting with an ‘open ended’ question. Simply type out your question in the space provided and then click the Ask Question button.
- You’ll be prompted right away with a confirmation window. Make sure to read over the information carefully – because people you may not even know will be able to answer it. Click the Learn More link if you want an in depth explanation of how “sharing” a question works. Otherwise, click the Ask Question button.
- Your question will now appear on your Facebook wall – and the News Feed for all of your friends (depending on their settings). If you want to make sure one or more of your friends see’s the question, click the Ask Friends link.
- Select the friends you want to send a message to asking them to answer your question, and then click the Submit button.
- Once your friends (and their friends, and their friends…) start to answer the question, the answers will appear in a graph format.
- Here’s how to ask a question in the form of a poll. Simply type out your question, but before you click the Ask Question button, click the Add Poll Options link.
- From here you can enter in multiple answers for your question. If you leave the Allow anyone to add options box checked, that means other people will also be able to add “answers” to your poll. Remove the check-mark from this box if you don’t want to enable this feature. When you’re ready, click the Ask Question button.
- Now your poll will show up on your Facebook Wall and the News Feed for your friends (again, pending their specific settings).
- Once people start to select an answer from your Poll, the results will be displayed in a horizontal graph format.
- That’s it! If you’d like to get started – tell us, Do you like the new Facebook Questions feature?