The popular note taking program Evernote was recently upgraded and includes several new enhancements. One of the cool new features is the ability to share notes on Twitter and Facebook – here’s how to do it.
Here we show Evernote for Windows, but it’s also available on Mac and several mobile devices as well.
1. Download and install Evernote if you don’t have it already. If you already have Evernote, you’ll need to update to the latest version. To update open Evernote and click on Help then Check for updates.
2. You will see the update 4.3 is available – click Download and Install.
3. Make sure you have all of your work backed up before continuing. Click OK when the message comes up telling you the computer may reboot during the update. When I upgraded, I didn’t have to deal with a reboot, but your experience may vary.
4. Successful update.
5. Now to share a note directly to Twitter or Facebook, with Evernote and the note you want to share open, click on Share then Post to Facebook or Twitter.
6. Remember that the note will be public and if you want to remove it at a later time you can – click OK and the note will be uploaded.
7. Your default browser will open to Facebook or Twitter and you can post the note to your wall along with whatever message you want to include.
8. Here is how it looks on your wall feed in Facebook.
9. Then if one of your contacts clicks on the link they will see the full note.
That is all there is to it! Evernote keeps getting better with each release, and now you have the ability to share your notes on Twitter or Facebook. Just remember not to share something you don’t want seen by everyone!