If you ever need to figure out the password of a WiFi network that you’ve previously connected to (eg. your friend forgets their network password) – here’s how you can recover the password for that Wireless Network.
- Start by launching the program Keychain Access, which can be found in your Applications -> Utilities folder.
- Select the login entry from the Keychains column.
- Type in airport in the Search field to narrow down the logins to those related to your AirPort (wireless) card.
- Locate and then double-click the Wireless Network you want to retrieve the password of, from the Name column. In the example below, I have selected the Wireless Network E9Phoenix, which I believe was a Wireless Network I used at a hotel.
- Select the Attributes tab and then click the Show Password box.
- Enter your password and click OK.
- Enter your password again and click Allow.
- Now the password for that specific Wireless Network will be displayed in the Show Password field.
- You can repeat the above steps to determine the password for each of the Wireless Networks you’ve connected to – if you opted to “Remember This Network” when you connected to each one.