Many iPhone and iPad Apps (often games) allow for “in App” purchases. If you’ve ever received a large credit card bill because “someone” (your child) purchased too many In-App items, this short tutorial will show you how to disable In-App purchases on an iDevice.
- Locate the Settings button on your Home Screen and give it a tap.
- Swipe down to the General section and tap it.
- Scroll to the Restrictions section and tap it.
- Tap the Enable Restrictions section.
- From here you’ll need to create a 4 digit passcode. Make this passcode hard to guess (ie. not 1234, the last 4 digits of your phone number or something easily guessable). In addition, be absolutely certain to remember the passcode. You won’t ever be able to recover the passcode if you forget it. You’ll go through the “set up your passcode” process twice – the second time to confirm.
- Now swipe way down to the Allowed Content: section. Toggle the ON/OFF switch next to In-App Purchases to OFF.
- Double-check the In-App Purchases setting is configured to be OFF.
- That’s it! In-App purchases will no longer be available. You can use your passcode to revert/change this setting at any time.
1 thought on “How to Disable In-App Purchases on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch”
Does this also apply to the games when children are playing and asked to purchase