This very, very brief tutorial will show you how to burn an .iso file to a CD or DVD on your Mac.
Burning an ISO file in OS X is actually very easy, it’s just not very intuitive. You can do it without even having to download any software – just follow these steps:
- Launch the Disk Utility by navigating to your Applications folder, then the Utilities folder, and then double-click Disk Utility.
- Once it has opened, click the Burn button.
- A Select Image to Burn window will appear. Navigate to the .iso file you want to burn to CD/DVD, select it, and then click the Burn button.
- Make sure you have a disc inserted in your drive and then click the Burn button.
- Now you can sit back and watch your .iso (image file) as it’s burned to disc.
- Once the recording process has completed, Disk Utility will verify that the image was burned correctly.
- Finally, your Mac will make a ‘ding’ sound and you can click OK to eject the disc. That’s all there is to it!