This guide will take you each step of the way through setting up your Gmail email address in the Windows 10 Mail app.
The process is actually quite straight forward, but we’ll make sure you get it right the first time :)
Unlike some other versions of Microsoft’s various email programs, Mail in Windows 10 does not require you to enable IMAP or POP within Gmail itself. You don’t even need to know what that means : ) Let’s get started!
- Click the Windows 10 Start Button and select All apps
- Scroll down the list a bit, and in the M section, select Mail
- Welcome to the Welcome screen. Click Get started to, you guessed it, get started.
- Click/tap the + Add account button
- From the Choose an account screen, select Google
- The “Connecting to a service” window will appear, and display a Google login window. Enter your gmail address in the space provided, and then click Next
- Now enter your gmail (Google) password, and select Sign in
- Tap/click Allow
- Yep, that’s it. Click Done
- Back at the initial Mail window, there will be a new button labelled Ready to go – click it.
- Ta-da! Your Gmail is now is all set up in Window 10.
- You can access Mail the same way as you did in steps #1 and #2, or you can click the mail “Tile” and it will open your Gmail.
- Another option is to click-and-drag either the Mail ‘Tile” or the Mail entry in the All apps list, to your Desktop. That will create a shortcut on your Desktop that you can use to launch Mail, if that’s your preference.
- If you have any questions, by all means leave a comment.