This step-by-step guide will show you how to create a continually updated Spotify playlist based on the videos you “Like” on YouTube.
Using the amazing (and completely free) service “Ifttt” you can create a playlist in Spotify that’s based on the videos you “Like” or “Thumbs Up” on YouTube. Best of all, the playlist is constantly updated as you Like more and more videos on YouTube. Since Ifttt is a ‘service’ and not an App, there’s nothing to download either!
- If you don’t already have an Ifttt account, head over to their homepage and sign up for one. The process is simple and again, totally free. Now enable this applet (link will open in a new window/tab) by toggling the Turn on switch to ON
- Ifttt needs permission to access your Spotify and YouTube accounts in order to create and update the playlist. Click Ok to begin.
- Click ALLOW when asked if you want to grant Ifttt access to YouTube.
- Then click OKAY when asked to grant Ifttt access to Spotify.
- Now the fun part. Head on over to YouTube and start “liking” your favorite songs.
- You’ll need to wait a few minutes before they start to show up, but you’ll soon have a new Playlist in Spotify titled YouTube Likes
- If you open that Playlist you’ll see the songs that you’ve “Liked” on YouTube! <
- No all songs that you “Like” on YouTube can/will be found on Spotify, although in my experience it’s remarkably good at finding the song if it’s available to be found :)