Chrome OS supports split-screen viewing (also called side-by-side or multi-tasking mode) and it’s super-easy to use!
Having two Apps run side-by-side on your screen can help boost productivity and save time. It’s even more helpful since Chrome OS doesn’t support virtual desktops (yet). To use split-screen on your Chromebook, just follow these simple steps –
- Select the first App you want to have on your screen, click its Maximize/Restore button (see screenshot below) and hold down the mouse button (or trackpad, touchscreen etc). An ‘arrow’ will appear on each side of the Maximize/Restore button. Select the arrow on the left.
- The App will be sent to the left side of your screen and resized to fit perfectly.
- Now locate the other App you want to have on your screen, click and hold down its Maximize/Restore button and this time select the arrow on the right.
- The two Apps will now share the screen equally.
- You can repeat the above steps with other Apps and assign them one side of the screen or the other.