Using a small and free App you can send and receive direct messages on Instagram directly from your Mac. Follow the steps outlined in this overview and you’ll be all set!
- Start by heading over to the IGDM home page and download the version for macOS. Double-click the .DMG file once the download has completed and then drag the App to your Applications folder to install it. Once that’s done, double-click the App to launch it.
- Enter your Instagram username and password in the provided spaces and then click the Login to Instagram button.
- A large and rather ‘blank’ window will appear. Use the search box located in the upper-left corner of the App to search for the Instagram user you would like to send a message to.
- As you type the name, IGDM will display a list of users. When you find the one you want to message, select their name from the list.
- Now type out and send your message – it’s that easy!