This guide will take you step-by-step through the process of setting a PIN for the Google Play Store on your Wear OS watch.
Your Wear OS watch utilizes two different PINs. There’s one for Google Pay (which involves locking your screen) and one for the Google Play Store – which is the one we’re going cover.
Set a Google Play Store PIN
- Make sure that your watch is connected to your phone and the Wear OS App is open. Locate the Wear OS App or watch-face that you want to buy on the Google Play Store on your watch. Tap the buy button.
- You’ll be asked if you’d like to create a PIN. Tap the Create PIN on phone link.
- A notification will appear on your phone from Wear OS. Tap it.
- Sign in to Google with your account.
- Now enter the 4 digit PIN you want to use for the Play Store on your watch in both of the fields, then tap the CREATE PIN button.
- At this point you should be presented with a confirmation window letting you know the PIN was created successfully. Switch back over to your watch.
- Once again tap the Buy button for the App or watch-face you want to purchase.
- Enter your newly created PIN.
- Since this is the first time you’ve used the PIN on your watch, you’ll be asked if you want to be prompted to enter it every time you make a purchase on the Google Play Store. It’s probably a good idea to select Ask every time but it’s not required.
- That’s it, you’re all done!