This short but detailed guide will show you how to clear the browsing history (the list of sites you’ve visited) and cache (the files on your device that were downloaded from those sites) on your Amazon Fire tablet.
There are a couple of ways to get there, but we’ll go with the fastest –
- Open the browser by tapping the Silk Browser icon.
- Tap the “3 dashes” button (see screenshot below) found towards the upper-left corner of the app to open up the Amazon Silk menu.
- Select Settings from the Amazon Silk menu.
- Select Privacy from the Silk Settings menu.
- This time select the Clear browsing data line.
- The Clear browsing data section will open up. If it isn’t displayed by default, select Advanced so that you can see all of the options. First you’ll need to decide how far back you’d like to clear the history and/or cache etc. Tap the Last hour item (see screenshot below)
- Choose the timeframe you want to clear the history, cache and other data from. If you want to clear all of your browsing history, make sure to select All time
- Now decide what you’d like to have deleted. Place a check in the box next to the item you want to ensure gets wiped clear. If you want to make sure all traces of your browsing history are removed, place a check in every box. Click the Clear data button when you’re ready.
- You may also get a ‘confirmation’ window – click the CLEAR button if you do.
- That’s it! Keep in mind that any sites you visit on your Amazon Fire after you clear the history and cache will reappear until they’re cleared again.
If you’re looking for more ways to get the most out of your Amazon Fire, why not check out the ways you can customize the home screens?