In this tutorial we’ll use a photo taken using an iPhone, transfer it to an iPad via email, insert it into a Pages document, and send it as a PDF to your friends.
- First take a photo with your iPhone and send it to yourself via email. Once the email has arrived on your iPad, open the iPad Mail app and find your photo email. Tap and hold atop the photo until you see the popup menu and tap Save Image.
- Open Pages to My Documents and tap the New Document icon (file folder) then tap the New Document button.
- Next, select the template you wish to use for your document and tap it to begin editing.
- To replace the template’s image with your own, tap the icon in the lower right corner of the picture to open the image browser.
- Tap to select your desired image.
- Make any additional edits, then tap My Documents in the upper left corner. Then tap the leftmost icon at the bottom of the screen; then tap the Send via Mail button.
- Click the PDF icon.
- The PDF will be created and transferred to the iPad Mail app for sending to your desired recipients. That’s it – you’re done!
Note: This tutorial was created on an Apple iPad using Pages, Mail, and Photogene.