This tutorial will show you how to remove the “Sent from my iPad” signature that Mail automatically adds to each of the email messages you send from your iPad.
One of the first things you might notice while using Mail on your iPad is that it automatically adds the signature line “Sent from my iPad”. If you’d rather set that to your own email signature – or have none at all – follow the instructions outlined below.
- Start out by selecting Settings from your home screen
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars from the list on the left side of the Settings window, and then tap the Signature (which by default will be “Sent from my iPad”).
- Use the delete button on your iPad keyboard to remove the signature (or use the Clear button). Now enter in your own personal signature, or leave the window blank to not use one at all.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars in the left column again. Now in the Signature section you’ll see your new, custom signature (or none at all if that’s the route you went).
- Now the next time you compose an email on your iPad, the “Sent from my iPad” message will be gone, and replaced by your own (or none).