This very brief tutorial will guide you through the steps required to create folders for your Apps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Start out by deciding which Apps you want to put into your new folder. I decided to group all of the Twitter apps on my iPad into one folder, so that’s what I’ll use in this example. Tap and hold down the first App you want to add to the folder, then drag-and-drop it onto another App you want in the same folder.
- A new window will pop up with a “name” section for your new folder (see image below). If you want to change the default name of the folder, tap the small x in the Name field.
- The keyboard will pop up and you can now give your folder a custom name.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to complete the naming process. Now continue to drag other Apps onto this new folder to add them to it.
- Once you’re done, click the Home button on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. Now you’ll have a new folder icon. Tap it.
- The folder will expand and display each of the Apps you placed into it. That’s it – you’re done!