This very brief tutorial will guide you through the steps required to create folders to help organize the Apps on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Folders are created when you drag-and-drop one App onto another on one of your Home screens. Locate an App you want to put in a folder then tap it and hold your finger down.
- Select Edit Home Screen from the list of options.
- Now tap your finger on the App again and hold your finger down again – but this time, slide that App on top of another one.
- Let go of your finger when the two Apps are ‘on top’ of each other.
- That will create a folder, name it (Apple assigns a name it thinks might be appropriate based on the Apps in the folder) and put those two Apps into it. If you don’t want to use the default name, tap it.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to give your folder a name.
- Repeat the first two steps to keep adding Apps to the folder.
- That’s it!
If you ever need to rename your folder, that’s just as easy.