If you use Gmail, there may be times when you want to schedule an email to go out at a specific time during the day or week. With the free plugin Boomerang for Gmail, it makes the process very easy.
1. Download and install Boomerang for Firefox or Chrome.
2. Go through the steps as normal for whichever browser you’re using…here’s the steps for Chrome.
3. Boomerang for Gmail has been successfully installed.
4. Allow the plugin to be installed…
5. Of course for Firefox you’ll need to restart the browser to complete the process.
6. You’ll need to click on Allow for it to access your account.
7. Then you can change Preferences based on how you want to use it.
8. After you have it installed, Boomerang is quite easy to use. Click to compose a new message, and after you have the right contacts and message, click the Boomerang dropdown.
9. Then choose the the time when you want the mail scheduled to be sent out. You can select from a few hours, days, or a specific time.
10. If the mail hasn’t been saved, you’ll be prompted to save it first.
11. In this example we picked a specific time. Just type in the time you want it to go out…then click Confirm.
12. Then you’ll see that Boomerang is processing the message for later delivery.
13. You’ll also have a special label for Boomerang so you can manage the emails you want to be sent out at different times.
That’s really all there is to it. It’s very easy to use and there are some other cool features you’ll discover like an email reminder service and more.
Boomerang can come in very handy if you have something on your mind that you want to get to the recipient(s) but at the time when you want.