This guide will show you how to change your screen resolution in both Windows and macOS.
Choose your operating system:
- Right-click anywhere on your Desktop and select Display settings from the menu.
- Scroll down until you find the Display resolution. Click the ‘arrow’ to open up the full menu.
- Select from any of the available screen resolutions.
- Some are going to look better than others so after you’ve made your selection a window will appear asking if you’d like to keep the current display settings. Select either Keep changes or Revert and try a different one.
- Click the ‘Apple button’ from the main Menu Bar and select System Preferences… from the list of options.
- Select Displays from the list of System Preferences.
- In all likelihood Default for display will be the selected Resolution:. Choose Scaled
- Now you can choose between the various screen resolutions available to your Mac.
- To change your desktop resolution, click once on your desktop with the right mouse button and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- On the Display Properties window, select the Settings tab.
- In the area labeled Screen resolution, drag the arrow to the right until you reach at least 1024 by 768 pixels. Click OK to change your screen resolution.
- Depending on your computer configuration, you may be prompted to make a choice between restarting your computer, or applying the changes without restarting. It is usually safe to make the changes without restarting.