The following brief tutorial will show you how to open multiple web sites, each in their own tab, every time you launch Firefox.
You don’t need any Firefox add-ons or special ‘hacks’ – it’s just a tiny bit hidden.
- Open up Firefox and load each of the sites you want to have automatically start each time Firefox opens.
- Now click the Menu button (the one that looks like 3 lines on top of each other – see the screenshot below) and select Options from the list.
- Click the Home link in the column on the left side of the window and then locate the New Windows and Tabs section on the right side of the window.
- Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and select Custom URLs… from the list of options.
- Finally, click the Use Current Pages button.
- This will add each of the URL’s that you currently have open to a list, each one separated by a vertical bar ( | ) character.
- Now you can close out of the Options window. Try restarting Firefox and when it opens each of the multiple sites will open in their own tab. All done!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our other Firefox tutorials, tips and tricks.