This short but detailed tutorial will guide you through the steps to extract all of the images from a .doc file using Open Office Writer.
Using Writer, the document editor included in the Open Office suite, you can quickly extract all of the images in a .doc file in one step. Note: this will also work to extract the images from .rtf and other common document formats. Here’s how –
- Start by opening the .doc file with Writer.
- Select File from the main menu and then Save As… from the drop-down list.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save the image(s) contained in the .doc file. Click to expand the Save as type: menu and select HTML Document (OpenOffice Writer) (.html) (*.html) from the drop-down list.
- If you get a warning about formatting just ignore it and click the Keep Current Format button. Note: you won’t be altering the original document, just saving it in a different format so you can access the images in it.
- Now go to the folder that you specified in step #3. All of the pictures will be there! Note: you can delete the .html file that will also be in the same folder.
If this helped, be sure to check out our other Open Office tutorials, tips and tricks!