This brief tutorial will guide you through the steps to extract all of the images from a .doc file. Though the screenshots are specific to OpenOffice.org Writer, the steps are nearly identical for Microsoft Word (including 2007).
- Start by opening the .doc file
- Select File and then Save As…
- From the Save in: list, select the location you want to save the image(s)
- Select HTML Document from the drop-down list in the Save as type: section.
- If you get a warning about formatting just ignore it and click Yes. Note: you won’t be altering the original document, just copying the pictures from it.
- Now go to the folder that you specified in step #3 above. All of the pictures will be there! Note: you can delete the .html file that will also be in the same folder.