This guide will show you how to view the source code of a web page while using Firefox, without having to install any additional software.
While you’re here, check out our other Firefox tips and tricks :)
With the very helpful Firefox addon Source Viewer Tab, you can view a pages source code in a new tab, rather than a new window (which is the annoying default).
- Source Viewer Tab installs as all other Firefox plugins – and you’ll need to restart Firefox for it to start working. Once you have, select View -> Page Source as you normally would..
- And instead of opening in a new window, the source will be displayed in a new tab.
- If you highlight a section of a web page, then right click and select View Selection Source..
- That selections source will be displayed – but again – in a new tab instead of a new window.
- And the source-view tab also has a very helpful menu that includes text-wrapping, text-resizing and several others.