SummerBoard is an extension to the iPhone and/or iPod Touch SpringBoard user experience. SummerBoard adds a variety of useful and fun features to your iPhone/iPod Touch, including scrolling icons, wallpaper and themes.
Get started by installing SummerBoard – if you’re using the iPhone/iPod Touch firmware 1.1.3 or higher, you can use Installer.app. Otherwise, head to the SummerBoard home page and manually install it (instructions are found inside the .zip file).
- Once SummerBoard is installed, you’ll have a SMBPrefs button on your SpringBoard
- Select it and from here you can customize your SpringBoard
- One of the first things you’ll want to do is check out some of the themes. Select the Themes entry from the top of the SummerBoard prefs. There are 4 themes included with SummerBoard – Leopard, Louie Mantia, Panther and SummerBoard
- To install more Themes, open Installer.app, select Install from the bottom button bar, and scroll down to Themes (SummerBoard).
- From here you’ll have dozens (hundreds?) of themes to choose from.
- There are a number of other things you can do to customize your SpringBoard with SummerBoard. One is to “Skip Last Row” – which will set your iPhone/iPod Touch to use one less row, increasing the “black” space between your apps and the Dock.
- You can also hide your Icon (app) labels..
- or hide your Dock labels.
- Play around with the various SummerBoard options until you’ve customized your SpringBoard to suit you :)
click to enlarge
Default SummerBoard Themes
Louie Mantia Theme
First screen of apps
Second screen of apps