This brief tutorial will guide you through the steps required to export Facebook Events and import them to Calendar.app on your Mac.
- Start by finding the Facebook Event you want to import into your Calendar. Locate the “3 dots” button (see screenshot below) click it and then select Export event. If you don’t see Export event as an option, this event can’t be saved as an .ics file and imported into your Calendar app. Editors note: we’ve searched far and wide in the Facebook documentation and cannot determine why some Events have the Export event feature and others don’t.
- Select Save to calendar and then click the Export button. Your browser will now download an .ics file.
- Open your Calendar and then select File and then Import…. Navigate to the .ics file you just downloaded, select it and click then click the Import button.
- Calendar will pop up a window asking you which calendar you want to add the event to. Select the appropriate calendar and click OK.
- And now that event will be added to your Calendar.
- Once the event has been stored in your Calendar, you can delete the .ics file.
Now that you know how to import Facebook events, why not check out some of the other Facebook guides that we’ve created? :)
2 thoughts on “How to Import Facebook Events into the macOS Calendar”
Thanks for the tip! Did not notice the Export link, and had no idea it worked with iCal until now.
@r-bong: cheers mate, that was really helpful!