This very brief tutorial will show you how to change the VLC icon set from the pylon to a sleek black “play” button.
- Head over to
site is goneand download the VLC Makeover Kit
- Open the DMG file and double click Icon Resources
- You’ll be presented with a large list of files
- Open another Finder window and navigate to VLC. Right-click (ctrl-click for single-button mouse folks) and select Show Package Contents
- Navigate to Contents/Resources.
- Back in the open dmg window (the window in Step #3) select all of the files, copy them, and then paste them into the Resources folder. You’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to do that – place a check in the Apply to all button and then click Replace.
- And now VLC will have a shiny new (and improved) icon set!