If you purchased your PC from a company like Dell, or even your local mom and pop computer store, you may have a “custom” System Properties logo and information. To make your PC a little more personalized, follow the instructions outlined below to change the System Properties info.
- By default, your System Properties may look something like the image below.
- To customize it, you’ll need an image. The dimensions should be 180×114 pixels, and the image must be a bitmap (.bmp). Save the image as oemlogo.bmp in your C:\Windows\system32\ folder. If that file exists already, over-write it.
- Right-click inside of C:\Windows\system32\ and select New -> Text Document.
- Now create a file titled oeminfo.ini. In the file, enter the following info –
Manufacturer=whatever you want
Model=whatever you want
line1=whatever you want
line2=whatever you want
line3=whatever you want
Remember, save the file as oeminfo.ini (not .txt).
- You should now have two files, oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp in your C:\Windows\system32\ folder.
- And now you’ll have a completely custom Windows System Properties page.
- Click the Support Information button to see your customized support info.