This tutorial will walk you through the steps required to move one or more of your Dashboard Widgets from the Dashboard, to your Desktop.
- Start by opening a Terminal and enter the following commands:
defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES
- Launch the Dashboard by hitting the F12 key
- Click on the widget you want to move to your Desktop, and while holding the mouse button down, click F12 again
- Now you can move the widget around on your desktop to the location of your choice. The widget will remain above all other windows, so place it in a location where that behavior is desirable.
- If you want to move the widget back to your Dashboard, simply click it and hold the mouse button down, click F12 and “release” it back to the Dashboard