This tutorial will show you how to add items to the Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Content Library, and then re-use them whenever you want.
The Publisher Content Library is a repository of frequently used items. You can add frequently used phrases (text), images, even entire text boxes – to the library. Then when you want to re-use an item, just pull it from the content library and add it to your document.
- Right-click on the item you want to add to your content library (in this case an image – see the screenshot below) and select Add to Content Library…
- Give the item a descriptive name in the Title: field. You can also add it to a Category to make finding pieces of content easier once you have a lot of them.
- To re-use an item, make sure the Task Pane is displayed (select View -> Task Pane).
- Select the top menu of the Task Pane and select Content Library from the drop-down list.
- All of the items in your content library will be displayed.
- To insert one into your current document, click it and select Insert from the drop-down list. That item will be added to your document.
- You can also drag items right out of the content library into your document. It can be easier/faster to place the item this way.