Does your Mac suddenly wake up, often just for a brief moment, when it should be in sleep mode? The instructions outlined in this brief tutorial will resolve the problem.
- Navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and look for the file titled com.apple.AutoWake.plist. It’s probably not there.
- Open your System Preferences and select Battery (if you’re using a slightly older version of macOS select Energy Saver).
- Select Schedule from the column on the left side of the window. Place a check in the box labeled Start up or wake and then click the Apply button.
- The com.apple.AutoWake.plist file should now appear in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
- Go back to the Schedule section of the Battery in your System Preferences and this time remove the check mark from the Start up or wake box. Click Apply and your Mac will no longer wake-up from sleep mode when it shouldn’t.