This brief tutorial will guide you through installing OpenOffice.org extensions.
- First up, download the extension you want to use. Save it to your desktop (or any location on your hard drive, just remember where).
- Launch OpenOffice.org and select Tools -> Extension Manager…
- Click the Add… button in the Extension Manager.
- Navigate to the extension you’ve already downloaded and would like to install (extensions end with .oxt). Select it and then click Open.
- Depending on the extension, you may have to agree to a license agreement – and the main window may provide some instructions on how to use that extension – so it’s worth reading. When you’re done, click Accept.
- Now you’ll need to decide if you want to install this extension for just you, or all the user accounts on your computer. Click the appropriate button.
- Your newly added extension will be listed with any others you may have installed. That’s it!