Using the excellent Bookmarks Menu extension for OpenOffice.org, you can easily bookmark files, commands, shell commands and macros from within the OpenOffice.org apps – and quickly access them from those same apps.
- First up,
download the extension. If you need help installing extensions, see this tutorial.
- Once installed, select Tools -> Add-Ons -> Bookmarks Menu… from any of the OpenOffice.org apps.
- The Edit Bookmarks Menu window will appear. You can explore the options from this section, but may want to hold off until you’re a bit more familiar with using the extension. For now, click OK.
- Open one of the OpenOffice.org programs (for this example I opened a document with Writer). A new Bookmark menu item will appear. Select it, and choose Bookmark This Document… from the drop-down list.
- Similar to bookmarking sites in your web browser, give the file (bookmark) a name and click OK.
- And now you’ll be able to quickly access that file from within any of the OpenOffice.org applications!