This very brief but detailed tutorial will show you how to add Apps to the Dock on your iPad.
By default, Apple includes 4 Apps in your iPad’s Dock – Messages, Safari, Mail and Music (although this has changed in the past and will likely change again in the future). But that doesn’t mean you can’t add more.
- Locate an App you want to add to the dock. Tap it and hold down on your screen until all the App icons start to ‘wiggle’ and X‘s appear in the upper-left corner of most app icons. In this example I’m going to move the Google app to my Dock.
- With your finger still holding the icon down, drag it to the location on the dock where you want the app to reside and let go of your finger.
- Ta-da! Now that app is a part of your iPad Dock.
- Depending on your iPad model and the version of iOS or iPadOS that it’s running, you can add up to 15 Apps to your iPad Dock.
- When you want to remove an App from your Dock, tap that App and hold your finger down again until the icons start to wiggle. Drag it out of the Dock and onto one of the Home screens.
Check out our other iPad guides, tips and tricks for more helpful articles like this one.