If you’re getting the message “Cannot connect to Netflix. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit netflix.com/help on your computer” each time you try to use your Netflix disk to watch movies on your Playstation, Xbox or other media streaming device, this brief tutorial will show you the answer.
- It’s actually quite simple, although I wish it was more clearly explained on the Netflix Help Site. You need to adjust the time and date settings on your Playstation 3, Wii or other Netflix streaming device.
- To do this, select Settings from the Playstation 3 dashboard, and scroll down to Date and Time Settings.
- In my case, the year was off by one (2011 instead of 2010).
- From the Date and Time Settings menu, select Set via Internet.
- You should get a confirmation that the date and time set were completed. And the date and time will now be correct :).
- Now run the Netflix disc again – and this time the process will go through smoothly, and you’ll be watching movies/TV shows in no time!
- If you’re not using a PS3 and are experiencing this error, make sure the Time and Date settings on your device (Wii, Boxee Box etc) are set correctly.
18 thoughts on “How to fix the error “Cannot connect to Netflix. Please try again later. If the problem persists …””
i set my date to 11/11/2098 n it worked
Works perfectly now! Thank you!
Mine is doing the same but on the Wii
time was out by 10mins, put it right….worked like a charm! thanks :)
Re-Installing wored for me
it worked on my cr48 (chromebook). thanks for the tip
working perfect now on my PS3 thanks!!!!
That was easy. Now I feel stupid it was so easy… :( Thanks for the solution!!
Thanks. I dont really understand why the date and time thing matter so much to netflix but it worked like a charm. mine would give the try again message but then load on the second try. What is strange it just started out of nowhere but this worked. Thanks!
Yay! its working
netflix is back up everyone. try it now, see if it works
yup i changed date n all n it didnt work
Worked for me. Perhaps Netflix needs to hire some experienced programmers rather than some MCSE certified Visual Basic interns. God forbid they post a meaningful message. They might have just as well popped up an “Error -31” message for all the help it was.
ooooohhhhh wow! so easy im completely amazed. thank you
Whoa 2009 worked for me, too! Thanks!!
I found in the Playstation forums that moving the year to 2009 is the only fix. So I tried that and sure enough it worked. Frustrating!
I can’t believe I found the answer to the problem so quickly, thank you so much for posting this! You have got to be kidding me! Grass roots internet is the way of the future, there is so much information available at the stroke of a few keys. I just can’t believe stupid Sony didn’t post this info on their site. Their “help” section is a joke, it doesn’t even list this as a possible problem.