This brief tutorial will show you how to save documents that you have created in Apple’s Pages application as Microsoft Word (.doc) files
- Create a (or open an existing) document as you normally would in Pages.
- When you’re ready to save it as a .doc file, select Share from the Pages menu bar, and then Export… from the drop-down list.
- Select the Word section in the Export window. Click the Next… button to continue.
- In the Save As: space, give your document a name. Then navigate to the folder you want to save your document (as a Microsoft Word .doc file) in. Click the Export button.
- Pages will now ‘convert’ your Pages document (which is a .pages file by default) into a .doc file – which Microsoft Office users can open and edit. Navigate to the folder that you opted to save the file in (from the previous step). There’s your newly-created .doc file! Note the Kind section of the Preview window indicates that this is a Microsoft Word 97 – 2004 document. That doesn’t mean that people using newer version of Microsoft Office will be unable to open it – they will.