This step by step guide shows you how to cancel a Facebook friend request, which isn’t particularly difficult, but it is a bit buried in the settings.
So you’ve requested to be ‘friends’ with someone on Facebook – and they haven’t answered. Or maybe you’ve just decided you don’t really want to be friends with that person after all. Maybe you accidentally sent a friend request to someone. Whatever your reason, follow these steps and you’ll cancel that Friend request in now time.
- Visit your Facebook profile and select the Friends link found in the toolbar below your profile photo.
- Click the Friend Requests link found in the Friends panel.
- Find the See All link in the upper-left corner of the window and give it a click.
- This time find the View Sent Requests link (it’s in roughly the same location as the See All link was) and click it.
- Finally! Locate the friend request that you want to cancel and click the Cancel Request button.
- Confirm that the Facebook friend status has changed to Request canceled and … that’s it! You’re all done.
If you’d really like to improve your Facebook experience, check out our guide on how to remove Sponsored Posts and other annoying Facebook content.