This tutorial will show you how to tie your Facebook account to your Boxee Box by D-Link so that you can watch all of your friends videos (wall post videos etc) on your TV.
- To get started, head over to the Services section of the Boxee site. Select the Facebook entry from the left navigation box. Then click the Connect button.
- Note: some browsers will ‘block’ the Facebook “pop-up” window – make sure that you allow pop-ups from boxee.tv.
The Facebook Request for Permission window will appear. Click the Allow button.
- By default, Boxee will have placed a check in the box labeled Import videos my friends share on Facebook to my Boxee. If you’d like the videos you share to appear on your Facebook wall, place a check in the box labeled Publish videos I share on Boxee to my Facebook wall.
- You should also now notice a Facebook icon in your Boxee profile picture.
- Head over to your Boxee Box. Select Friends from the main dashboard.
- Note: it may take up to 30 minutes for the videos to start appearing in your Friends list.
You’ll see a list of all the videos your Facebook friends have recently posted to their respective walls. Use the remote to select one.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm that you do in fact want to watch this video. Click the on-screen Play button with your remote.
- Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it may take a moment to buffer the video.
- If a browser window briefly pops up, have no fear.
- Now the video you selected will start playing in full-screen.
- That’s it – your Facebook account is now connected to your Boxee Box – you’re done!