This guide will show you step by step how to upload the videos you’ve taken with your Flip Camera to YouTube.
Please note: This guide was initially published back in 2011 and some of the software it references may have changed since then. It may be easier to just copy the video from your camera and upload it manually to YouTube.
- Start out by launching the FlipShare software. Select the video you want to upload to YouTube.
- From the Share section, click the Online button.
- Select YouTube from the list of sites, and then click the Next button.
- Enter your YouTube credentials in the spaces provided. This is most often just your gmail.com email address. Click Login to proceed.
- Decide if you want everyone (the public) to be able to watch your video, or have it Private. For the sake of this tutorial, we’ll upload a video and make it available for anyone to watch – which is the default. Click the Share button when you’re ready.
- In the bottom left corner of the screen, the FlipShare progress meter will display. This will give you a rough indication as to how long it’s going to take to upload your video to YouTube.
- Once completed, click the YouTube link.
- This will take you directly to your YouTube.com videos page. Click the Edit button.
- From here, you can change all sorts of the info about the video. The title, description, tags – and much more. Click the Save Changes button when you’re done.
- That’s it – you’re done! You’ve now transferred (copied) your Flip Video to YouTube.
1 thought on “How to upload your Flip Videos to YouTube”
thanks this helped so much! :D