This tutorial will show you how to easily switch between the various Android Launchers (Microsoft Launcher, Nova Launcher, Go Launcher etc) and the default one that comes with your device.
Back when this guide was initially published (10+ years ago!) you needed a separate app in order to switch between Android launchers. Now it’s built into the Android operating system itself. Just follow these few steps and you’ll be done in no time.
Note: the exact steps and screenshots used below likely won’t match whatever Android device you’re using. With that said, they should be close enough that you can follow along without any problems.
- Open the Settings
- Select Applications from the list of Settings.
- Look for an item named Default applications and then select it when you find it.
- Now look for an item named Home screen – this is where the magic happens.
- You’ll find a list of all the “Home screens” (Launchers) installed on your device. Just select the one you want to use.
- If for any reason you’d rather accomplish this same thing via an app, No’me Launcher Manager seems to do the trick. I had a few issues with the app but it’s entirely possible because my device isn’t 100% compatible with it. You may find it works perfectly for your needs – it’s free, so there’s no harm in checking it out.