This short guide will show you a couple of ways to make space on your Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar for even more sites to be displayed.
The Bookmarks Toolbar in Firefox is a great way to keep your bookmarks easily accessible, but if you have a lot of bookmarks or you’re using a computer with a small’ish screen, you may run out of room. When that happens, any new bookmarks you add to the Toolbar are lumped into a folder at the end – which isn’t ideal. Here are a couple of ways you can make more space in the Bookmarks Toolbar so you can fit more bookmarks in it.
- As you’ve probably noticed, when your run out of room in the Bookmarks Toolbar, they all get lumped into a folder at the end of the Toolbar.
- One way to free up some space is to just rename the bookmark to something shorter. Right-click (or control + click for macOS users) the bookmark itself and select Edit Bookmark…
- Give your bookmark a short but descriptive name and then click the Save button.
- If you repeat this with each of your bookmarks, you’ll find you can fit a lot more of them in your toolbar.
- In fact, you don’t even have to have a name at all – you can opt to just have the icon displayed. This works well for sites that have a particularly memorable icon. Edit the bookmark again and this time just leave the Name: field empty before you click the Save button.
- Now that site will be represented in your Bookmarks Toolbar by just its icon.
- Another way to free up space is to create folders on the toolbar and group sites together by topic or any way that works for you. To do so, right-click (or control + click for macOS users) on an empty space in the toolbar and select Add Folder…
- Give your folder a short but descriptive name.
- Add sites to that folder by dragging-and-dropping them. Click the site you want to move and hold the button down, while you’re still holding the button down drag the bookmark to the folder and let go of the mouse button (or trackpad etc).
- That will move the bookmark from the toolbar into the folder.
- Repeat until you’re happy with the results.
- Hopefully these tips will help you reclaim some of that space in your Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar :)