If you’ve upgraded to Firefox 4, you’ve undoubtedly noticed there are several changes to the layout of the user interface. If you’re not a fan of it for whatever reason, you can make it look like Firefox 3 with an add-on and a couple of other tweaks.
1. Launch Firefox 4 and install the Firefox 3 Theme for Firefox 4 add-on.
2. Of course a restart will be required to complete the process.
3. Right-click an empty area to the right of a tab and click on Customize.
4. In the Customize Toolbar screen click on Restore Default Set.
5. Right-click an area to the right of a tab again and check Menu Bar.
6. That gets rid of the Firefox Menu button and replaces it with the Menu Bar like in Firefox 3.
7. Click on View >> Toolbars and check the Add-on Bar.
8. Go back to View >> Toolbars then turn off Tabs on Top.
9. Another thing you might need to do is go back into Customize Toolbar and move the Home icon from the right side of the screen to the left.
10. That’s all there is to it! Now you have Firefox 4 with all it’s under the hood benefits, but it looks like Firefox 3 which may be more familiar for you.
What do you guys think? Do you like the new layout of Firefox 4 or would you rather have it look like Firefox 3? Leave us a comment below and let us know!