If you’ve upgraded to Firefox 4, you’ve undoubtedly noticed there are several changes to the layout of the user interface. If you’re not a fan of it for whatever reason, you can make it look like Firefox 3 with an add-on and a couple of other tweaks.
1. Launch Firefox 4 and install the Firefox 3 Theme for Firefox 4 add-on.
2. Of course a restart will be required to complete the process.
3. Right-click an empty area to the right of a tab and click on Customize.
4. In the Customize Toolbar screen click on Restore Default Set.
5. Right-click an area to the right of a tab again and check Menu Bar.
6. That gets rid of the Firefox Menu button and replaces it with the Menu Bar like in Firefox 3.
7. Click on View >> Toolbars and check the Add-on Bar.
8. Go back to View >> Toolbars then turn off Tabs on Top.
9. Another thing you might need to do is go back into Customize Toolbar and move the Home icon from the right side of the screen to the left.
10. That’s all there is to it! Now you have Firefox 4 with all it’s under the hood benefits, but it looks like Firefox 3 which may be more familiar for you.
What do you guys think? Do you like the new layout of Firefox 4 or would you rather have it look like Firefox 3? Leave us a comment below and let us know!
4 thoughts on “How To Make Firefox 4 Look Like Version 3”
Cheers for this – hate the way FF4 looked and how bulky it made it feel. Nice easy guide even I managed to get it looking like FF3 again :)
firefox 3 looks good the way it is why fix some thing that dos not need to be fixed
and others that are not good at pc lern to use it and now have to lern agean leave it the way it was im staying with 3 for as long as i can now
FIREFOX 3 LOOK ALL THE WAY!
thanks this tutorial was really helpful
i hate how firefox 4 looks so this was great :)