During the days of iTunes 9 the Minimize, Maximize, and Close control buttons were in a straight horizontal line. When iTunes 10 came out they were moved to a vertical layout. Here’s how to get them back to the way they were.
This tip is for Mac and requires a quick Terminal command. Also, this has only been tested on the latest version of Snow Leopard 10.6.7
1. As you know, the minimize, maximize and close buttons are now vertically laid out in iTunes 10 for Mac.
2. To change them back to where they used to be, click on GO >> Utilities from the Finder menu bar.
3. In the Utilities folder scroll down and launch the Terminal.
4. Before moving to the next step, make sure you’re completely completely closed out of iTunes.
5. At the Terminal prompt type in the following and hit Enter:
defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -int -1
6. You won’t get a message or see anything happen in the Terminal, it should look like the screen above. Close out of the Terminal and re-launch iTunes and you’ll see the control buttons are horizontal like they used to be.
That’s it! With just that simple command in the Terminal, you’ll have the iTunes control buttons back to where they used to be.
What do you guys think? Are you a fan of how the buttons are laid out now or do you like it better the way they used to be? Leave a comment below and let us know.