Previously we talked about the new Amazon Cloud Player and how to get 20GB of free storage. When it launched there was not support for iOS devices, now they have added support for iOS and you can play the music from Amazon Cloud Player seamlessly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
1. There isn’t an official app for iOS yet, so you will need to browse to the Amazon Cloud Player through Mobile Safari on your device and log into your account.
2. You will still see a message telling you the browser isn’t supported…just tap Continue.
3. From the web based player, just click on a song to start playing it. There is nothing special you need to configure, the feature is now supported.
4. You can skip around and play different tracks, or let one of your playlists go and the music will play seamlessly. Of course it also works on the iPhone and iPod Touch as well.
5. It will continue to play in the background while you do other tasks, like reading news in Pulse for example.
6. To turn it off, just hit the home button twice, hold down the Safari icon until it wiggles, then tap the red icon to close it out.
It’s great news that Amazon Cloud Player now supports iOS devices, but it still needs an official app like they have for Android. Hopefully that will be coming soon!