This brief tutorial will show you how to clear the history of sites you have visited on your Android-based phone.
A couple of important things to note up front: this process will clear the list of all the web sites you have visited on your Android Browser. If you’re using a web browser that didn’t come with your Android phone (like Firefox, Opera or Dolphin HD) – these steps will not clear the list of sites you’ve visited in that browser. Also, if you’re using Android on a Tablet, you’ll want to follow the steps in this tutorial instead – as the process to clear the history is different on a Tablet.
- Start out by opening your Android Browser. Click the Menu button to bring up your Options. Tap the More option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list, and tap Settings.
- Now scroll down to the Privacy settings section. Tap the Clear history item.
- When prompted to confirm the deletion of all of your web history, tap the OK button.
- That’s it! The history of sites you have visited has now been cleared from your Android browser.