If you’ve installed a 3rd party “mod” on your phone or tablet that’s based on Android (most likely CyanogenMod) chances are that the Google Apps such as Market, Gmail, Maps etc, did not come installed. This brief tutorial will show you how to install them.
- The first thing you’ll need is the Google Apps package. You can download a copy here. Connect your phone or tablet to your computer, enable USB Mass Storage, and copy the file (Gapps ICS 4.0.3 11.12.22.zip) to your phone/tablet. It doesn’t matter what folder you copy it to, just remember which one. I used the folder cminstall because I had previously used it for something similar.
Disconnect your phone or tablet from your computer. Power it off and then back on again, and make sure you boot to the “mod” boot screen. This can vary from Android mod to Android mod – in this example I’m using an HP TouchPad that I’ve installed Android on, so the default booting software is moboot, as seen in the screenshot below. Whatever your mod is, boot into ClockworkMod. On the HP TouchPad you can use the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to navigate, and the Menu button to select or “click” an item.
- Select install zip from sdcard
- Select choose zip from sdcard
- Now navigate to the folder that you copied the file Gapps ICS 4.0.3 11.12.22.zip into (back in step #1).
- Select the Gapps ICS 4.0.3 11.12.22.zip entry
- Scroll down to the line Yes – Install Gapps ICS 4.0.3 11.12.22.zip and select it.
- A bunch of text will scroll by on your phone or tablet. Once the process has completed, you’ll see Install from sdcard complete at the bottom of the screen.
- The menu will have returned to the top of the screen. From it, select +++++Go Back+++++
- This time select reboot system now and boot back into Android.
- Now you’ll see (and can use!) the Google Apps such as Market, Gmail, Maps etc.
5 thoughts on “How to Install Google Apps on Your Android Device”
Idiot… You need CWM not 3e
And where to ger CMW for COBY KYROS MID1042???
Installing….Signature verification failed…Operation Aborted…
What to doooo???????
my friend rooted my phone he forgot to istall gapp i was very worried as i didnt know how to istall it but by following the simple steps i did it thanks a lot….