This quick tutorial will show you how to download files using BitTorrent directly to your Android phone or tablet.
- First things first, head over to the Google Play Store and download and install uTorrent for your Android phone or tablet.
- Once installed, launch it from your Applications section
- Right away you’ll be presented with the main uTorrent for Android interface. Tap the “magnifying glass” icon in the left column to search for .torrent files.
- Enter in the search phrase or keyword, and tap the Search button.
- At this point your default browser will launch – or if you haven’t specified one, you’ll need to select a browser – and run a search for that phrase or keyword.
- When you find the file you want to download, tap or click the link to the .torrent file.
- Now select a location you want to save the file(s) contained within the .torrent. If you’re using an Android phone and the file(s) are large, you’ll likely want to save it to the SD card rather than the drive space that comes with your phone.
- And now you’ll connect to “peers” and download the bittorrent files exactly as you would on a PC or Mac.
- If while browsing the web on your Android device you run across a .torrent you want to download, simply click the link or button to that .torrent file, and uTorrent will launch. Downloading .torrent’s on Android is now that easy!