This brief tutorial will guide you through the steps to delete TV shows you’ve purchased via the iTunes Store from your iPhone or iPad.
Generally Apple is pretty good at making things like deleting a file pretty intuitive. Deleting the Pictures and Movies you take with the built in iPhone camera (via the Camera Roll) is quite straight forward. Deleting T.V. Shows and Movies that you’ve purchased from the iTunes Store is a little more involved. Here are the steps to do it –
- Tap the Settings button from your Home screen and then tap the General button.
- Tap the Usage button.
- Give your iPhone/iPad a moment to calculate all of the Apps and Files on your iDevice…
- Now locate the Videos entry in the Storage list – and tap it.
- You’ll be presented with a list of the Movies and T.V. shows that you’ve purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store. Tap the TV Show that you want to delete one or more episodes of.
- Tap the Edit button located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- The “red minus circle” will appear next to each of the episodes for that TV Show.
- Tap an episode you want to delete, and then tap the corresponding red Delete button.
As you can see in the screenshot below, I had 7.6GB of available space on my iPhone before I deleted the TV episode.
- After that episode was deleted, you can see that I now have 8.2GB of available space. When you’re done deleting episodes, tap the Done button in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- That’s it! You can repeat the steps to delete episodes from different TV shows. If it’s a movie you wanted to delete, all you need to do is tap the Edit button in step #5 above, and delete the movie directly from that list.
14 thoughts on “How to Delete TV Shows from Your iPhone or iPad”
Mine does not show a Usage button!
Mine doesn’t have a edit button and it was not the TVs show I thought it was and I don’t want m family to get the Wong idea please help
To make your previous deleted downloads disappear from veiw. Go to settings, go to iTunes and App Store, it says “show all” and underneath that it says music and videos. Just turn them off and they disappear.
I deleted two episodes of a TV show off my computer, but they’re still on my phone & it won’t let me delete them.
worked for me. deleted an app on i phone
i have the same problem as robert200. my vids show no data but in itunes it shows 4gb of data. WTH?
Videos do not show up at the top of my usage screen as they do in these instructions. They show up at the bottom of the list with “no data” next to them.
Mine doesn’t have an edit button?
It worked, gone from data but I still see it when I open videos, restarting didn’t make it disappear, will they ever disappear?
Worked great!! Now any suggestions how to remove from cloud?
Thank you so much!
Finally! Got it sorted…thanks
I thank you also. Tried several different way and none worked till I found your solution!
Thank u so much! Not only was your article simple and easy to apply but it worked!