This brief tutorial will guide you through the steps to delete TV shows you’ve purchased via the iTunes Store from your iPhone or iPad.
Generally Apple is pretty good at making things like deleting a file pretty intuitive. Deleting the Pictures and Movies you take with the built in iPhone camera (via the Camera Roll) is quite straight forward. Deleting T.V. Shows and Movies that you’ve purchased from the iTunes Store is a little more involved. Here are the steps to do it –
- Tap the Settings button from your Home screen and then tap the General button.
- Tap the Usage button.
- Give your iPhone/iPad a moment to calculate all of the Apps and Files on your iDevice…
- Now locate the Videos entry in the Storage list – and tap it.
- You’ll be presented with a list of the Movies and T.V. shows that you’ve purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store. Tap the TV Show that you want to delete one or more episodes of.
- Tap the Edit button located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- The “red minus circle” will appear next to each of the episodes for that TV Show.
- Tap an episode you want to delete, and then tap the corresponding red Delete button.
As you can see in the screenshot below, I had 7.6GB of available space on my iPhone before I deleted the TV episode.
- After that episode was deleted, you can see that I now have 8.2GB of available space. When you’re done deleting episodes, tap the Done button in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- That’s it! You can repeat the steps to delete episodes from different TV shows. If it’s a movie you wanted to delete, all you need to do is tap the Edit button in step #5 above, and delete the movie directly from that list.