This very brief tutorial will show you how to disable the Passcode Lock on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 7 (and higher).
You may have reached this tutorial because you indadvertedly enabled the Passcode Lock on your iPhone or iPad while upgrading to iOS7. Or you just forgot how you enabled it and have since grown tired of having to enter a 4 digit PIN every time you want to use your iPhone or iPad. Regardless – here’s how to disable it:
- Tap the Settings button on your iDevice.
- Scroll down to General and tap it.
- Scroll down to Auto-Lock and tap it.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your PIN. Do so now.
- Now, tap the Turn Passcode Off link/button.
- Enter your passcode for the last time…
- Going forward, you won’t need to enter your passcode/PIN each time you unlock your iPhone or iPad. That’s it!