This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to trim (cut) a video you’ve taken with your iPhone or iPad, directly ON your iPhone or iPad, without downloading any additional software or Apps.
If you’ve recorded a video with your iPhone or iPad and want to ‘cut’ it into sections, just follow the steps outlined below.
- Tap the Photos button
- Tap your Videos category.
- Locate the video you want to edit and tap it so that it opens.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen you’ll see an “arrow” icon on the thumbnail strip – not the Play button (see screenshot below). Tap that “arrow” and hold it down until the entire keyframe has a yellow outline and the word Trim appears.
- Now the arrows at the far left and far right of the keyframe have yellow “sliders”.
- Use the slider on the left side of the screen to set a starting point for your video.
- Use the slider on the right to set the ending point of your video.
- When you’re happy with the starting and ending points of your ‘new’ video, tap the Trim button. Select Save as New Clip so that you don’t overwrite the original video (unless you’re sure you don’t ever want to access the original).
- Once the trimming process has completed – and the length of time will depend on how long your video is and how much you decided to edit – the new video will load. Tap the Videos button/link in the upper left corner to return to your Video Album.
- Your new video will be displayed along with the original.
- That’s it!