This brief tutorial will take you step by step through the process of clearing the list of sites you’ve visited on your iPhone, without deleting any of your other browser settings.
By clearing the history of the sites you’ve visited via the iOS Settings, it will also insist that you delete other data – cookies, stored passwords etc. The method outlined below shows you how to clear the list of sites you’ve visited without deleting any other data.
- Start out by opening Safari. Tap the “Bookmarks” icon from the bottom menu (the one that looks like an open book).
- If the Bookmark tab isn’t already selected, tap it from the top menu bar. Then scroll down and tap History from the list.
- Now tap Clear from the bottom menu on the History page.
- At this point you’ll be prompted to delete your browsing history from either the last hour, day, two days or all of your visited sites. Tap Clear All History.
- Now the list of sites that you’ve visited will be empty, but data like your saved passwords etc, will be ready for you when you revisit the site. That’s it!