This very brief guide will take you through every step required to play DVDs in Ubuntu Linux, right up to and including version 15.04 (Vivid Vervet)
In addition, you’ll be able to play nearly every video format you can throw at it!
- Launch the Ubuntu Software Center
- Use the search feature and enter vlc
- Now select the result titled VLC media player
- Click Install
- To continue installing VLC you’ll need to enter your password. Then click the Authenticate button.
- Now open VLC
- If you don’t have the DVD in your drive yet, put it in now and click Play
- If prompted, select the Disc tab. Select DVD from the Disc Selection field. Now click Play.
- Your DVD will now start playing – enjoy!