This step-by-step guide will show you how to configure your Comcast.net email address on your Android based phone or tablet.
Fortunately the process is quite simple! All you’ll need to know ahead of time is your full @comcast.net email address and the password associated with that account. Let’s jump in!
- Tap the Email icon
- When prompted to set up a new email account, enter your full @comcast.net email address and password in the spaces provided. Tap Next
- Your phone or tablet will do a quick check to confirm the password.
- Now you’ll be asked to set up your “Sync” preferences. By default, the Email App will store the previous 2 weeks of emails, and check for messages every 15 minutes. Change these settings to suit your needs (or leave the defaults – they can always be changed later) and then tap Next
- The last steps are to give your new “account” a title, and to set the name you want your emails to be sent “From”. Typically it’s a good idea to name the account something descriptive – like “Comcast Email” or even the email address itself. Then enter your name or the name you want displayed in the “From” field when you send emails. When you’re finished, tap Done
- All of your Comcast email will now download to your Android device!
- You’re done!